The age-old question rears its head once again. Invisalign vs. braces — Which is better for me? If only there were a simple answer or one-size-fits-all solution, but there isn’t. Without a complete oral examination, including x-rays, we can’t advise you on which is best for you. There are also a lot of other considerations that go into this decision.
Braces vs. Invisalign — Pros and Cons
Let’s begin with a look at the pros and cons of both braces and Invisalign. Both are effective in straightening smiles. The cost of Invisalign is slightly higher, but not a deal-breaker level difference for most patients.
- Almost invisible
- No dietary restrictions (trays are removable for meals)
- Patient-centered treatment (fewer office visits)
- Oral hygiene is easy
- Sometimes inconvenient to remove for meals and to drink (restaurants, etc.)
- Daily cleaning routine (similar to dentures)
- Patient-centered treatment (patient needs to have personal discipline)
- Not always effective for complex orthodontic problems
- Suitable for all orthodontic corrective measures from simple to complex
- Braces may shorten treatment duration
- Dietary restrictions — no chewy, sticky, hard, and crunchy foods
- Difficult to floss around archwires
- Brackets and wires may cause contact sores in the mouth
- Food gets trapped between wires
- Adjustments need to be made by the orthodontist (more office visits)
The single most significant deciding factor will probably be the severity of your orthodontic problem. If your tooth alignment is only slightly out of line, Invisalign will work great. If you have more complex issues, the doctor may recommend traditional braces.
Which Is Better for You?
The only way to know for sure is to have an examination. Dr. Chan or Dr. Cross will evaluate your teeth and make recommendations about which treatment plan would be the best for you. The good news is that the initial consultation is free.
View this post on Instagram
Once your initial examination is complete, we will discuss available treatment options with you. The discussion will include the type of treatment recommended, how long the treatment will take, and what you can expect. We will explain all costs, and our staff will evaluate your insurance to see what costs may be offset.
The one thing you can be sure about is that we will treat you great at Aesthetic Dental Group. Our entire staff is dedicated to making your smile perfect. Whether you decide on braces or Invisalign, we are confident that you will be pleased with the results.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
If you have ever wondered “Braces vs. Invisalign — Which Is Better for Me?” you can find out the answer at Aesthetic Dental Group.
There is no better time than now. Get the perfect smile you dream of having. It is within your grasp and begins with a free initial consultation. Fill out your contact information in the online contact request form. You can also contact our office by email at email@example.com or call us at 1-732-507-5007.